Saturday 7 May 2016

My Latest Book Haul! (07/05/16)

As I'm sure many of you are aware, I'm coming up to a rather stressful time in my schooling right now. The dreaded A-levels. As I'm taking 6 subjects (well 5 if you don't count General Studies, which most people don't), you can probably imagine that I have paper coming out of my ears and I'm reciting chemical equations in my sleep. Well, not literally. (Not yet anyway!)

Yesterday I had a half-day as my double biology lesson was cancelled. Because of that, I had originally planned to pop into town (Plymouth) and go book shopping to kill some time before catching the bus home with my brother's girlfriend. Unsurprisingly where my brother is involved, there was a change of plan so I could go straight home from school. However, as I'd sort of built myself up for a good spot of book shopping, I decided to go ahead and treat myself anyway. The only problem was money.

Although I will actually get a pretty big student loan next year, especially for staying at home, this summer I intend to learn to drive and therefore a lot of my loan (if not all of it!) will be spent on car insurance. So I decided to to limit myself to only the money I had on me. If I used my card, I think I would have made myself bankrupt!

£34 later I had a nice collection of 6 books, although a little sad as I had to put a few back.

1. A Court of Thorns and Roses; Sarah J. Maas

2. A Court of Mist and Fury; Sarah J. Maas. I took their last copy and it was signed! I didn't even realise they were selling signed ones!

3. The Force Awakens; Alan Dean Foster. I've been considering buying this for a while as Star Wars is my absolute favourite series of all time and, as it was part of 'buy one get one halfprice' I went for it.

4. Trouble Twisters; Garth Nix and Sean Williams. I had never even heard of this book, but a copy signed by Nix was in the reduced section for only £1 so I went for it!

5. Rebel of the Sands; Alwyn Hamilton. Although on my tbr, there were many books I wanted instead. In fact, I nearly chose The Heir by Kiera Cass over it but as it was 'buy one get one halfprice' with Star Wars, I ended up buying it.

6. Happily Ever After; Kiera Cass. A toss up between this one and The Heir, I decided I'd finish off America's story first. The reviews of The Selection, The Elite and The One are all on this blog. Although not too impressed by The One, I just knew I had to read Happily Ever After sometime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment