Friday 10 August 2018

Dog Walks: Colliford Lake and Dozmary Pool

Colliford Lake and Dozmary Pool - 31/07/18

Welcome to my latest post detailing my adventures with Evie! 
Colliford Lake boasts some nice beaches
 Colliford Lake has been on my 'to visit' list for a very long time. As the largest (I think) lake in Cornwall, I have always wanted to go there and see just how big it is in person.

Evie found herself a nice large stick
 Although I've driven past it a few times, and even been to one of the car parks there, I've never actually wandered down to see it!

Surprisingly nice sand for a lake!
 My aim was to actually walk all the way around it but, in hindsight, I'm glad I didn't! The lake is huge, and I even discovered an extra part of it as I drove around to Dozmary Pool.
Found some wild horses

They were very relaxed when faced with Evie and I
Evie loved walking around the lake and was surprisingly well-behaved off the lead.






The lake certainly offered some beautiful photo opportunities

Evie loved it!

Look who found another stick...

The horses even came down for a drink
I only walked for about 45 minutes along the lake, and then back again, but since I've looked on maps how far I went, I'm quite surprised!












Maybe one day I will pack a bag for us and spend the day walking the entire edge.
After visiting Colliford Lake, I drove around the lake to a little one called Dozmary Pool.

Just from the path down you could see why
this lake is one of legends
 You might remember from some of my previous posts that I am a huge fan of Arthurian legend, and so Dozmary Pool was another legendary place to tick off my list.

Although smaller than Colliford, Dozmary is just as
breathtaking
 Dozmary Pool is the rumoured home of the Lady of the Lake, and the resting place of Excalibur, where it was returned after Arthur's death.

I'm quite jealous of the houses on the edge of the pool!

 At the pool, we found these two dogs that were collar-less and wandering around without an owner... After asking at the nearby houses, I eventually found out that they belonged to the farm up the road.









They were very friendly and Evie adored them! 


 You can certainly see why Dozmary Pool is a place of legends! There was certainly a mystical feel as I walked around the lake.

Thanks for reading! I hope you are enjoying Evie and my adventures!



No comments:

Post a Comment