Monday 25 April 2016

Bullet Journals

I will happily admit that I am a very organised person. Sure, I wouldn't say I'm obsessively organised, but if it needs to be planned, I'll happily plan it. Glance at my desk and you'll find lists scrawled onto scrap paper, I have a white board to keep track of school work, and if you're planning an event, I need a full schedule at least 1 week in advance.

Okay, so maybe I am slightly obsessed with being organised.

About a year or so ago my Dad re-introduced me to the wonder that is Microsoft OneNote. I say 're-introduced' because there had been a few previous, failed attempts. At the time, I just didn't really have a use for it. School work was simple and straight forward and I didn't do any other things that needed scheduling, like running this blog and my Instagram. A-levels changed that though, and I quickly fell in love with OneNote, finding it easy to use and fantastic at keeping track of the work that needs to be done. However, one thing I miss is the personalised, handwritten touch of keeping a journal, and the app is too clunky to make it easy to use on my phone when I'm out. 

So, after the occasional scroll through the #BulletJournal tag, and my interest in the idea blossoming deep inside me, I have bitten the bullet (apologies for the pun) and decided to start my own Bullet Journal. I'm not a hugely artsy person, but I love doodling, being organised, and writing things by hand so this is a new adventure I am really excited to start!

I'm planning to start mine in May (ahhh those few days are going to drag!) so that I start at the beginning of a month, otherwise it will drive me mad!

Do you have any tips and tricks for beginners like me? I'd love to hear from you, and even read any articles/look at any photo you have! 

No comments:

Post a Comment