Tuesday 7 February 2017

2016 Reading Challenge

Now that we're well into the new year, I think it's about time I did a brief overview of all the wonderful books I read in 2016.

My Goodreads challenge was to read 25 books. Not only did I reach that, I nearly doubled it at a total of 48 books. I'm rather impressed by myself! This year I have upped my challenge a little to 35. I'm reading a lot less now due to medical school, but I hope to be able to reach my target.


All the books mentioned have reviews on this blog. The easiest way to find them is to follow the links on this page.


January


1. Eragon's Guide to Alagaesia; Christopher Paolini; 4*

2. The Lost Kodas; Myra King; 4*
3. Reasons to Stay Alive; Matt Haig; 5*
4. The Selection; Kiera Cass; 4*
5. Scarlet; Marissa Meyer; 5*

February


6. Red Queen; Victoria Aveyard; 4*

7. Magnus Chase and the Sword of Summer; Rick Riordan; 5*
8. The Elite; Kiera Cass; 4*

March


9. Cress; Marissa Meyer; 5*

10. Me Before You; Jojo Moyes; 2*
11. Lady Midnight; Cassandra Clare; 5*
12. The One; Kiera Cass; 2*
13. Our Endless Numbered Days; Claire Fuller; 5*

April


14. Percy Jackson and the Battle of the Labyrinth; Rick Riordan; 3*

15. The Poisoned Chalice; Simon Forward; 3*
16. The Paladin; J.M. Storin; 5*
17. Princess Adele's Dragon; Shirley McLain; 3* 

May


18. Crimes and Retributions; Shirley McLain; 4*

19. Winter; Marissa Meyer; 5*
20. Happily Ever After; Kiera Cass; 3*
21. These Shallow Graves; Jennifer Donnelly; 5*

June


22. A Court of Thorns and Roses; Sarah J. Maas; 4*

23. Stars Above: Marissa Meyer; 5*

July


24. Her Highland Rogue; Violetta Rand; 3*

25. Aftermath; Joe Reyes; 4*
26. Anomalies; Sadie Turner and Colette Freedman; 1*
27. Touched by the Moon; Lisa M. Airey; 4*
28. The Neverland Wars; Audrey Greathouse; 4*
29. Songs of Sovereign; J. D. Wright; 4*

August


30. Song of Sparrows; J. D. Wright; 4*

31. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child; J.K. Rowling; 5*
32. The Duchess Quest; C.K. Brooke; 5*
33. Shadow; Michael Morpurgo; 4*
34. Rebel of the Sand; Alwyn Hamilton; 4*
35. Dispocalypse; Michael A. Rothman; 1*
36. Okehampton Castle; Alan Endacott; 3*
37. A Clearing in the Forest; Kim Love Stump; 3*
38. Glastonbury Abbey; John McIlwain; 2*

September


39. The Last Gatekeeper; Katy Haye; 3*

40. Red: The Untold Story; Angela M. Hudson; 5*
41. Rhodi's Light; Megan Linski; 3*
42. The Girl on the Train; Paula Hawkins; 4*
43. Rhodi Rising; Megan Linski; 3*

October


44. A Court of Mist and Fury; Sarah J. Maas; 5*

45. The Forgotten Fairytales; Angela Parkhurst; 2*

November


46. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them; J.K. Rowling; 5*


December


47. The One Memory of Flora Banks Excerpt; Emily Barr; 3*

48. Legendary; L.H. Nicole; 1*


The overall ratings of the books I read came to 3 1*reads, 4 2* reads, 11 3* reads, 15 4* reads and 15 5* reads which is pretty good I think! It means I averaged out at 3.7*, which in hindsight does seem a little low, but I read some pretty good books over the year. 

What about you? How good were your 2016 books and did you meet your challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment