Monday 30 May 2016

#SundaySeven (29/05/16)

So this week saw me leave sixth form at DHSB. I've had a fantastic two years there (besides a couple major bumps in the road) and it's really sad to leave school behind. I'm now on study leave ahead of my 14 exams in June so I may not be updating the blog much next month because of that.
I actually had this started on Saturday night to finish on Sunday, but I was really sick yesterday so I apologise that it has been uploaded a day late. 
1. 
@nickmafra


Nicoly constantly makes it into the shortlist for Sunday Seven, but has actually only made it to the top 7 once so it's with great pleasure that I give her the top spot this week with this gorgeous photo of A Court of Thorns and Roses! I'm currently reading this books and can see why the bookstagram community love it so much. I thought the British covers were pretty, but look at this one! I want to say Portuguese is the language? (Correct me if I'm wrong!) I think I've mentioned before how I also love photos of books in different languages, and this one is no different. And look at the colour scheme with the flowers and candles!  Pretty sure I'm just rambling now but ahh I love this photo!


2. 
@demmi_writist

Last week I mentioned that I had just seen a photo of Demmi's that would probably feature this week and look, here it is! This week she did her own little Rainbow Project and seriously, all of the photos are absolutely gorgeous! I very nearly ended up with a whole #SundaySeven dedicated to those gorgeous photos (although there were 9, so that wouldn't add up...) This one really caught my eye as I find it so difficult to take pretty photos of white books without piling loads of extra colours in, but she pulls it off so well! 

3. 
@sammyreadsbooks

I seem to be having a bit of a colours theme this week as we finally welcome Sammy, another of my favourite accounts, to #SundaySeven with this gorgeous brown photo! Five years of wearing a horrific brown school uniform really turned me off the colour, but I am drawn to this photo for just how seemingly effortlessly the colours go together. The Outliers is a book I'm very intrigued about. Have any of you read it?

4. 
@mylibrary1

Yep, I know I'm a sucker for these beautiful book covers, even though I don't even own the books themselves (they're on my very long list okay?) This stunning photo was taken by Leena, who has joined the #SundaySeven club. I love the olden feel to this photo and the page background just suits the style. Although the book cover feels a bit too modern to match the background, she's pulled it off in this photo and it all goes together so well!

5. 
@freerangereader

The true path to a girls heart? Combine two of her favourite book series of course! Seriously, if you haven't read the Gone series by Michael Grant or Harry Potter by Rowling, I'd totally forgive you if you stopped reading this to go read them right now. Not only did the colour combination (oranges) catch my eye in this photo, have you seen that henna! It's amazing! Man, I want that as an actual tattoo. Welcome to #SundaySeven Emily!

6. 
@book.lover14

This gorgeous photo of some of Riordan's books sees Eleni feature for her fourth time. Although I prefer the cover of my edition of Magnus Chase, I do love the colours on this one! In such a simple yet stunning photo, Eleni has captured the colours on the cover well and even thrown in some Percy Jackson which gives me a little feel of nostalgia as the first books by him that I read.

7. 
@bookishconnoisseur


To wrap up this week, we have this simple yet stylish photo snapped by Elizabeth. One thing I particularly love about this photo, and her account in general, is that she really shows off the fact that you can take lovely photos of books without piling it with props and accessories. Sometimes, less truly is more. I do also really love her wooden slat background, something I've just tried out in my latest instagram photo. Granted, there's a small part of me that wishes the writing on the third book was red to make it all symmetrical, but I'm ignoring that. Just a great simple photo of some books that I really need to read.

Thankyou for reading, and thanks to all the bookstagram accounts (both those featured, and the countless others I poured through in order to decide on my seven). 

None of these photos are mine, and I have credited the account. Occasionally, it is known for accounts to repost photos without crediting the original owner. I do not support this. All photos are, to my knowledge, original to the accounts credited. If not, I will happily amend and assist in reporting accounts that are stealing photos. (To the accounts featured: I am not suggesting this applies to you, I am merely covering myself. This paragraph shall feature on all #SundaySeven posts in the rare and unfortunate case problems may occur.)

No comments:

Post a Comment